The Apprentice assists in commercial installation projects, installing sheet metal and spiral ducts, roof top units and other HVAC equipment. The Apprentice is also responsible for delivering high quality work and productivity and is expected to go through the company-provided apprenticeship training program to become a skilled HVAC Journeyman.
- Must have clean driving record
- Competent, responsible, organized and team-oriented
- Strong communication and average computer skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to operate powered equipment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to identify problems or defects.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required.
- Makes decisions and solves problems analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution.
- Maintains a high-quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver's license to commute to job sites in the region.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region.
- Maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you will perform work in.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Field experience in construction, HVAC or similar field is a plus
- HVAC technical school
HVAC Apprentice’s work in residential, commercial, industrial and public settings in both indoor and outdoor job sites which include exposure to all elements of weather including cold, heat, wind, rain and snow. The weather may also impact the site exposing the individual to water and mud.
This position also includes exposure to areas off the ground requiring the team member to work in a safe manner. The team member will also be exposed to loud noises where hearing protection is necessary and provided.
Physical Requirements: The job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Fine finger dexterity and hand & arm strength with the ability to grip and hold objects with both hands.
- Ability to lift and operate power tools to include in an overhead position.
- Ability to be off the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Continuing education
Wolff’s Plumbing and Heating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Use the button below to download our employment application. You can then print, fill out the application, bring it into our office for review, or send it to email@example.com.