Spearfish Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Providing Indoor Air Quality Solutions in Spearfish and Surrounding Areas
Dehumidifiers and humidifiers improve the indoor air quality of your home. Humidity imbalances can cause serious health problems and damage to your house. The healthy humidity range for a home is between 40-50%. Purchasing the right system for your home’s needs may require the assistance of indoor air quality specialists from our team at Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating. You can choose combination, whole-home, or stand-alone systems to meet your air quality needs.
When you choose Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating, you can expect:
- High-Quality Products & Services
- Affordable Prices
- Upfront & Visible Pricing
- Over 70 Years in Business
- Committed to Customer Satisfaction
Whole-Home Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers
Humidifiers are common in cold, dry climates during winter. Humidity levels can dip to very low levels during the winter months, leading to nosebleeds, allergy problems, and severely dry skin. Almost every part of your home is impacted by dry air, from your furniture to your body.
Humidifiers pump moisture back into the air. Where humidifiers add moisture into the air, dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air in a high humidity environment because it contributes to mold growth in homes. Similar to dry air, oversaturated air can cause allergy problems and asthma in many people.
Contact the Spearfish humidifier and dehumidifier experts at Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating for help regulating your humidity levels now! You can reach us at (605) 638-9996 or online right now.
Benefits of In-Duct Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers
When you consider whether you need a humidifier or dehumidifier, you should consider the benefits vs. the risk of not. There are definite health risks and drawbacks to allowing the humidity within a house to remain unregulated. Humidity levels below 30% can cause dry skin and cracked lips, and levels over 50% can lead to the production of mold spores and bacteria, which elicit an allergy response in many people. Maintaining balanced humidity levels is difficult in areas with extreme climates and temperatures.
Humidifiers can provide benefits like:
- Healthy Skin & Voice: When the air is too dry, the skin suffers and becomes cracked, dry, or chapped. It can cause your skin to lose elasticity and start premature wrinkling and dullness. Dry air can also cause your voice to crack from prolonged exposure. When your vocal cords aren’t lubricated, they can struggle to vibrate, causing hoarseness and strain. Adding a humidifier will moisten the air and provide relief for the symptoms of dryness.
- Respiratory Health: Dry air can cause nosebleeds and dry nasal passages, and during the winter months, this is a common problem. Humidifiers keep the air and your nasal passages moistened. It’s more difficult for bacteria and viruses to travel through moist throats and nasal passages. A humidifier can help you rebound from a cold faster and prevent the indoor spread of bacterial and viral illnesses.
Dehumidifiers can provide benefits like:
- Mold & Mildew Prevention: Mold and mildew thrive in damp conditions. When humidity levels are high, your home becomes a ripe environment for mold, mildew, and dust mites. All of these indoor air pollutants are allergens that cause breathing problems. They can also lead to skin rashes. A dehumidifier can reduce moisture levels to a healthy range, which will prevent the growth of these harmful irritants.
- Energy Savings: When the air is too humid, your air conditioner has to work harder. Before it can cool your air, it has to remove the excess moisture first. If you have a dehumidifier installed, the air will be ready for cooling without this additional laborious step. The dehumidifier effectively prolongs the life of your air conditioning system by allowing it to operate more efficiently. A more efficient air conditioning system means energy savings.
Unregulated humidity is a danger to your health and home. When the air is too humid, your furniture, walls, and bedding can be damaged from mold and mildew growth. When it’s too dry, it can lead to warped and cracked furniture. Don’t take the risk with your home and health!
When you’re ready to improve your indoor air quality, the humidifier and dehumidifier experts from Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating can handle the job! Call us today at (605) 638-9996 or online right now.
” - Debra C.