We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Continuing education
Wolff’s Plumbing and Heating, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Use the button below to download our employment application. You can then print, fill out the application, bring it into our office for review, or send it to email@example.com.
Perform all work in a safe manner.
- Abide by all safety and conduct policies laid out by Wolff’s Plumbing & Heating.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Operate powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others as required in a safe manner at all times.
- Make decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Respond to emergency situations to resolve immediate safety concerns.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region for corporate meetings, training, on-site projects, and conferences.
- Provide daily direction to assigned team(s) on the job site and actively participate in training and development of apprentices.
- Follow and execute directions and assigned duties from Manager.
- Maintain a positive attitude to drive and build positive morale.
- Maintain a high-quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Work independently to achieve goals and deadlines that are assigned.
- Responsible for all on-site documentation (checklists, safety signoff, service sheets, and other documentation that is relevant for the job completion).
- Attend all meetings associated with any given project as required.
- Work extra days as required for the project.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and with others to meet performance goals.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong mechanical skills and willingness to learn. Average computer skills.
- Ability to verbally communicate with management, city officials, on-site customers and other employees.
- Ability to lawfully drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret written materials, architectural plans, drawings and mechanical designs.
- Perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Ability to identify basic trade materials by size, shape, and function.
- Ability to follow orders and directions with minimal to no supervision.
- Ability to maintain an active state and city license in all city/states you perform work in. Knowledge of building codes, ordinances and regulations.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to pass HVAC license exam when applicable
- Must have EPA608 refrigerant certification.
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Field experience in HVAC as a Journeyman.
- Field experience in HVAC in commercial and residential applications.
HVAC Journeymen work in residential, commercial, industrial and public settings in both indoor and outdoor job sites which include exposure to all elements of weather including cold, heat, wind, rain and snow. The weather may also impact the site exposing the individual to water and mud.
This position also includes exposure to areas off the ground requiring the team member to work in a safe manner. The team member will also be exposed to loud noises where hearing protection is necessary and provided.
Physical Requirements: The job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Fine finger dexterity and hand & arm strength with the ability to grip and hold objects with both hands.
- Ability to lift and operate power tools to include in an overhead position.
- Ability to be off the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weigh up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.